Systems Administrator, Finance
Location: DC Metro Area
Our client, a leading technology company, is seeking a Systems Administrator, Finance. This position is a new position and will be responsible for managing the client’s financial accounting systems and will report to the Controller. The Systems Administrator, Finance will work closely with internal teams and external partners to ensure the accuracy and completeness of accounting transactions.
The Systems Administrator will be instrumental in ensuring the efficiency of all inbound and outbound interfaces and system processes. Along with the accounting team, this role will assist to identify system requirements and enhancements, perform testing, and implement new system functionality. As the client rolls out new products, this position will assist with the design of process flows and interfaces to support operations.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who wants to be part of a rapidly growing organization and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Financial System configuration tasks and ongoing service administration for the Intacct application.
- Develop, test, and deploy customizations, custom objects, and new functionality based on evolving business needs, and solving problems at integration points.
- Assist data migration requirements coming from different systems into Intacct.
- Build and maintain new dashboards, reports, saved searches, handle users, roles and permissions, forms & PDFs, key performance indicators and metrics, custom reports and fields, and build custom workflows.
- Work with end-users on usability/Help Desk issues.
- Contribute to release preview business process testing for ongoing system upgrades.
- Be the Finance team’s technical point of contact and provide hands-on support and training.
- Manage multiple projects and contending priorities across cross functional stakeholder groups.
- Maintain user roles/access and assign appropriate permissions and levels of access.
- Transpose reports to vital outlets (Google, Salesforce, Tableau, and Looker)
- Exercise strong problem-solving skills, and analytical thinking to provide application support across departments.
- Provide user training across departments.
- Coordinate data and process validation to confirm system outputs are correct and ensure data integrity.
- Document changes to business and system processes to comply with SOX requirements.
- Act as a liaison for the Accounting and Finance teams with the IT Development team to ensure business requirements are captured, built, and tested and will meet the reporting requirements of the client.
- Coordinate and complete testing activities as needed.
- Manage organizational change management activities including review of training materials as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance, IT or related field.
- 3+ years of hands-on work experience with ERP administration.
- Experience with Financial and ERP systems management, experience with Sage Intacct is preferred.
- Proficient in custom record types, fields, forms, roles and permissions, page layouts, searches and reports, and financial system data models.
- Basic knowledge of ERP financial objects and workflows.
- Experience with associated financial applications such as Paylocity, Expensify, Concur, Avalara and Salesforce.
- Experience overseeing ERP integration, implementation, and testing
- Ability to create configurations and customizations of financial system to meet the business needs.
- Ability to provide on-going systems and technical support for the financial system.
- Familiar with the financial dashboards and can provide users with relevant reports and important metrics.
- Solid understanding of billing, A/P, A/R, general ledger, planning, audit, and reporting.
- Familiar with process areas including record to report, procure to pay and order to cash.
- Advanced experience in MS Excel with using pivot tables, experience using advanced data analysis formulas is preferred
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organization skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with keen attention to detail.
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
- A positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing quality customer service to our members, stakeholders, and partners.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- At least 10 years’ experience of organizational finance experience, at least 5 in a nonprofit environment.
- Past experience with large Federal Grant Audits is required.
- B.S./B.A. in business administration/finance and accounting or related field; C.P.A. or M.B.A. is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and people skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with ADP, Dynamics/SL, Sage Intacct and Vena Solutions preferred.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allow for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
- Solid experience coordinating complex audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
This role offers a competitive salary and robust benefits package.