Location: Chicago Metro Area
Our thriving client is a management consulting firm in the DC metro area that serves non-profit clients. They are employee-owned management company looking for a Staff Accountant for their Chicago office. The Staff Accountant oversees and prepares financial statements for the organization’s clients and is an integral part of the success of the organization’s financial operation. This role works closely with senior management on accounting related matters and provides analysis, research and answers questions regarding financial statements and accounting procedures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Produce standard monthly financial statements, to include balance sheets, income statements and statement of cash flows
- Maintain each association’s statements, ledgers and other required reports including the chart of accounts and budget data
- Prepare customized financial statements and reports as directed by the client
- Assist in tax and other regulatory matters
- Act as a liaison to client auditors during the annual audit (answer questions, gather supporting documentation, ensure audit report is completed on-time)
- Serve as primary contact for the client team on all financial matters
- Interact with the client team to answer questions about the financial statements and explain accounting procedures
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution with a concentration in Accounting
- 0-2 years of relevant accounting experience
- Understanding of Financial Accounting/GAAP, preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), preferred
This role offers a robust benefit package and salary.