Senior Staff Accountant
Location: DC Metro Area
Our growing biotech client is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant. This role is due to continued growth and will report to a dynamic Vice President of Finance. Mentorship, growth and fast paced is the best way to describe this role. An experienced Senior Staff Accountant with strong GAAP knowledge and the ability to learn quickly. Duties include confirming compliance with IRS rules, reconciling bank statements and balancing the ledger for regular reports..
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations.
- Perform fixed asset reconciliations.
- AR/AP tasks as assigned
- Assist with monthly accruals
- Assist with budget vs. actual variance analysis
- Assist with monthly cash projections
- Assist with other, unscheduled tasks that arise
Knowledge & Other Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- At least two years’ experience in accounting or a related field
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports
- Demonstrates Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results Quickly & Accurately
- Ability to Multitask
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Engages and Inspires
This role will provide a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefits package.