Senior Staff Accountant
Location: DC Metro Area
Our client is a dynamic organization. They are actively searching for a Senior Staff Accountant. This role reports directly to the Controller who is eager to train and mentor to help them progress in their career. The individual would be a critical member of the Accounting and Finance team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to oversight of the following areas:
- Responsible for the preparation of assigned journal entries, general ledger reconciliations bank reconciliations, and other reconciliations of subsidiary ledgers.
- Prepares monthly roll-forward schedules, PBC items and gather documentation in preparation of fiscal year audit and tax returns.
- Assists the Controller in gathering data for tax, VAT and other compliance reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field.
- 1-3 years general ledger maintenance with demonstrated success performing account reconciliations.
- Organized and thorough with the ability to track and document in detail.
- Ability to meet recurring deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong math skills.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to be persistent and patient.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of GAAP.
- Experience using corporate accounting software
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience using MS Word
Our client offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Role is projected to be remote for the next 12-18 months. Please respond for immediate consideration.