Senior Research Program Manager
Location: DC Metro Area
**This is a hybrid position. Candidates must be local to MD/DC/VA and available to attend occasional on-site meetings**
Our well known innovative nonprofit client in Arlington, VA is searching for a Senior Research Program Manager. Our client is an innovative and dynamic professional association within the public health arena who offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Senior Research Program Manager
The Senior Research Program Manager will report to the Director of Programs and will be responsible for managing all current $3.7 million in research programs. The Senior Research Program Manager will sustain current program efforts, while working across teams to ensure expanded and diverse fundraising to sustainably grow research programs to over $4.8 million by 2023. The Senior Research Program Manager will also work with senior staff and consultants to create and implement a full non-profit research home that supports current programs and builds additional program efforts that protect and advance research. The goal of this position is to secure our client as an industry leader in Research.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Manage client’s Research Programs including but not limited to: program promotion, application solicitation, review panel recruitment and coordination, grantee communication and evaluation, management of all correlated events, funder compliance reporting, and development of continuation proposals.
- Recruit, manage, cultivate and steward relationships with key stakeholders and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain a robust and diverse network of research investigators, mentors and mentees.
- Create, manage and cultivate relationships with subject matter experts that can advise and facilitate the education needed to create a research home.
- Manage the development and implementation of web-based application processes, along with the notification and management of applicant status.
- Manage relationships with application review Committee/Committee Chairs including scheduling and leading meetings, ongoing communications and managing evolution of programs based on committee feedback.
- Coordinate and monitor all marketing, promotion and communications program plans in collaboration with the marketing and communications team.
- Develop and maintain a data metric dashboard of key performance indicators and utilize data to continuously monitor program success and overall efficiency.
- Collaborate with program leadership to ensure active fundraising to support program implementation.
- Support prospect researching and scheduling with emphasis on funders that fund research programs.
- Collaborate with grant writing team to develop and edit proposals to research funders.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in research and program development ideally in the healthcare or non-profit sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; equivalent work experience can be submitted.
- Proven record of successful and efficient project and program management.
- Advanced knowledge of program design aligning with mission-driven organizations in support of their short- and long-term goals.
- Knowledge and experience with developing and managing marketing and communications outreach plans to support program initiatives.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment with volunteer leadership and consensus-building a plus.
- Event management experience is a plus.
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks and juggle multiple deadlines efficiently.
- Ability to communicate and develop successful partnerships across all levels of volunteers, leaders, and staff.
- Ability to utilize tools or design systems and processes to track program data and monitor program progress.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and data management systems.
- Experience with Zoom/Zoom Webinar a plus.
- Experience with Asana and Slack a plus.
- Must be able to travel approximately 10-15% of the time
- Annual Conference