Senior Director, Policy Research and Data Insights
Location: DC Metro Area
Our innovative client, the Entertainment Software Association (“ESA”), is the voice and advocate for the U.S. video game industry. Its members are the innovators, creators, publishers, and business leaders that are reimagining entertainment and transforming how we interact, learn, connect, and play. The ESA works to expand and protect the dynamic marketplace for video games through innovative and engaging initiatives that showcase the positive impact of video games on people, culture, and the economy.
- Note: This is a hybrid role and requires 3 days per week in the office and 2 days remote.
The Senior Director, Policy Research and Data Insights, reporting to the SVP of Communications and Public Affairs, provides the foundation for two fundamental responsibilities of our department – member and industry relationships and data insights and analytics. The Senior Director will be responsible for being a touchstone for the video game industry, with a heavy emphasis on member communications. Additionally, the senior director will work closely with the SVP to create the organization’s research strategy and oversee the use of data for our advocacy and storytelling efforts.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Work with the SVP to oversee the creation of research strategy
- Manage ESA research projects including consumer surveys, policy research, demographic and sales databases, and third-party academic research
- Duties for research projects could include survey design, data collection and collation, conducting interviews, analysis, report generation and presentation of findings
- Mange member communications strategy and ongoing touchpoints
- Develop the member communications strategy and oversee creation of member communications
- Act as central contact for allied development research, a “think tank” for information, studies, and research impacting the video game industry
- Serve as industry insight group liaison to video game higher education association
- Work with legal and government affairs teams to create and deliver white papers and reports for both internal staff and member use, as well as for external publications addressing key research topics
- Assist with providing public affairs and public relations support
- Assist staff with research queries
- Monitor relevant industry trends and attend events and shows
- Make recommendations on other industry events
- Work to develop research products
Education and Experience Requirements
- 8-12 years of experience working with a policy organization, or other corporations as a research/communications professional
- experience building research in qualitative vs quantitative survey information
- requires skills in Excel, being analytically inclined, and have prior training in research
- Ideal candidates have experience in the tech industry and can work with tight deadlines while focusing on quality
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and a focus on quality
- Ability to work against tight deadlines
- An inquisitive/investigative mind
- Ability to be flexible, collaborative, maintain a good sense of humor, and stay focused on internal customer and external member needs
- Video game knowledge/experience
- Experience in research and/or marketing in the technology industry
This organization offers a robust salary and benefits package.