Location: DC Metro Area
*This is a hybrid position and seeking applicants in the DC Metro area*
Our client is growing and is seeking a Marketing Specialist to join its team. This organization aims to change the global environmental movement. If you are passionate about helping the environment, this could be the job for you.
The Marketing Specialist plays an important role in corporate sponsorships. As part of their responsibilities, they manage a variety of accounts and ongoing partnerships and contribute to the organization’s long-term financial health. Supporting the creation, production, and execution of campaigns, major anniversary events, and ongoing programs will be the responsibility of the Marketing Specialist.
Marketing Specialist reports to the Director of Corporate Sponsorships and Marketing and is responsible for developing and managing sponsors and donors. A key role within an environmental non-profit organization presents an opportunity to join a highly productive, busy team.
- Must have Nonprofit and sponsorship experience
- Highly self-motivated and passionate to help companies be a force for environmental good. A good candidate will have experience in corporate giving, events, sponsorships, and project management, as well as strong relationship-building skills.
- Occasional travel will be required both domestically and internationally.
- The successful candidate must be able to wear several hats, roll up their sleeves to support across teams as needed, be adaptable, responsive, and efficient — and have a sense of humor. As well as excellent marketing skills, this candidate is enthusiastic about developing and presenting creative proposals to new prospects and partners. As well as excellent marketing skills, this candidate is enthusiastic about developing and presenting creative proposals to new prospects and partners.
- Manage sponsorships and donations
- Help prepare and attend sponsorship meetings
- Work with The Director and events team to ensure accurate sponsor deliverable execution
- Track deliverables and help create final reports for sponsors following events
- Provide excellent customer service to partners
- Bring value to partners through creative sponsorship and partnership opportunities
- Grow the client list and look for new opportunities for engagement
- Maintain internal systems to track deliverables, partner activity, and reporting needs and ensure overall accountability
- Develop and manage complex projects with strong organizational and communication skills, time management, and competing deadlines
Prospecting and Growth
- Manage a high volume of inbound funding inquiries
- Support new growth and prospecting efforts with research, strategic outreach, and relationship building to cultivate new opportunities; track and follow leads
- Develop PowerPoint, MS Word, and other presentations as necessary
Our client offers and excellent salary and benefits package.