Manager, Creative Services
Location: DC Metro Area
Our innovative client, the Entertainment Software Association (“ESA”), is the voice and advocate for the U.S. video game industry. Its members are the innovators, creators, publishers, and business leaders that are reimagining entertainment and transforming how we interact, learn, connect, and play. The ESA works to expand and protect the dynamic marketplace for video games through innovative and engaging initiatives that showcase the positive impact of video games on people, culture, and the economy.
- Note: This is a hybrid role and requires 3 days per week in the office and 2 days remote.
The Creative Services Manager will be responsible for managing the brands related to the ESA, including key art design and development of assets and collateral following the brand style guide. This position will also be deeply integrated into the structure of the ESA’s digital architecture, including managing multiple owned websites, assisting in managing social media, and maintaining brand consistency across these platforms. The Creative Services Manager will report to the Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs and will be expected to support other ESA teams and departments.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Manage the brand integrity of all ESA core brands
- Manage vendor relationships and art including directing all major event pieces for ESA and ESA Foundation
- Create and maintain full suite of digital identity products for ESA and related sub-brands, including social media graphics, video templates, and branded shareable content
- Act as webmaster, managing the manual posting of content and website updates
- Conceptualize and produce high-impact creative results to reflect ESA’s mission and vision
- Design and produce art and copy to support external communications and advocacy programs, ESA’s trade show and events, membership activities, and industry communications
- Design PowerPoints and internally used graphics to create engaging documents for ESA’s research efforts and to be used internally and for public dissemination
- Create infographics and/or data graphics
- Source printing partners and other vendors, guiding projects through all phases of production, adhering to budgets, deadlines, and time constraints
- Assist producers of web and social media with graphic development
Education and Experience Requirements
- 4 to 6 years professional graphic design experience
- Experience (with samples) in web design; Word Press and CSS in particular
- An understanding and appreciation of video games, game culture, game history, and the role that a trade association plays
- Applicants should have a wide portfolio that showcases examples in graphic design, marketing, web design, and infographics
- Ideal candidate would also have experience in video and animation creative deliverables
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in both a collaborative environment and independently on several projects at once, often against tight deadlines, while providing frequent status updates to internal teams
- Flexibility and an appreciation for a dynamic work culture
- Adobe Cloud
- MS Suite, with experience in PowerPoint design
- Web Design
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
This organization offers a robust salary and benefits package.