Human Resources Generalist
Location: DC Metro Area
Our client, a highly mission driven non-profit in the DC metro area, is seeking a Human Resources Generalist. This is a critical member of the HR team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for recruitment efforts, new hire orientation and onboarding, employee termination, payroll and benefits, company policy and procedure adherence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Administrates health benefits enrollments, terminations and assists on open enrollment matters.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with Leadership to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Lead new hire onboarding and orientations strategies and implementation. Explains human resources policies, procedures, laws to new and existing employees.
- Process verifications of employment and reference letters.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations as support to the HR Manager.
- Assists in I-9, employee’s personnel audits to ensure state and federal compliance. Provides advise and trains it’s HR teammates to ensure that implemented systems are maintained.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Handles employee’s exit process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- 3-5 years of solid HR experience in a Generalist role or similar capacity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
This organization offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.