Human Resources Generalist
Location: DC Metro Area
Our leading global health organization client is looking for a Human Resources Generalist. This role is in the Human Resources department and will report to the VP of HR. They offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Human Resources Generalist supports the Human Resources Department by providing professional, analytical, technical support to a wide range of HR related projects and initiatives including the interpretation and maintenance of HR policies, programs, and procedures. The Human Resource Generalist will support the daily functions of the HR department, including leading talent acquisition of national and local vacancies, onboarding/offboarding of staff, benefits, and compliance with federal and state employment laws. The Human Resources Generalist serves as a resource and point of contact for certain organizational DEI activities and programs. This position requires the highest level of confidentiality and demands business acumen along with the ability to influence and communicate with diplomacy and tack.
In the role you will be responsible for analysis, routine, and ad hoc reporting to support decision-making functions of client’s leadership and senior management for HR and employment related projects and initiatives.
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Assist with tracking and implementation of HR projects, including organizational DEI projects.
- Provide global recruitment support to include job postings, scheduling interviews, reference and background checks.
- Assist in solving global HR related issues with HRIS system and time reporting system.
- Coordinate/ administer meetings using digital communication platforms/ applications.
- Responsible for organizational and human resources reporting including HR metrics.
- Provide support as needed to other members of the global HR team.
- Collaborate with the global HR team to audit personnel files and reconcile leave balances.
- Maintain highly confidential records, including vendor contracts and agreements.
- Manage content in departmental sections of intranet and support internal communication efforts across departments.
- Prepare payment requests for HR including tracking expenses and submitting monthly and quarterly payments to Finance.
- Coordinate HR workflows.
- Conduct research on critical HR topics and functions.
- Support the VP of Human Resources with recruitment, orientation, onboarding and offboarding.
- Bachelor’s degree—preferably in human resources, business or related area required.
- At least three years of relevant human resources experience, commensurate with the responsibilities outlined above.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of applicant tracking systems (ATS), human resources information systems (HRIS) and/or performance management systems.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, which includes the use of accurate grammar.
- Ability to build consensus, establish trust, consistently taking the initiative to get things done.
- Ability to work in an agile work environment, nimble to changing priorities, committed to being responsive and following up.
- Advanced technical software skills: Create hyperlinks, formatting, layout design, and print configurations plus the ability to:
- Word: Create tables and mail merges
- PowerPoint: Import/export content from other sources, and create presentations
- Excel: Sort/create formulas including exchange rates for expense reports
- Snipping: Crop content and paste/create documents
- Adobe: File conversion; scan document revisions and form fillers
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Committed to core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of management and staff including executive levels.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and dynamic workloads.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, manage time, take initiative to drive projects to completion.
- Strong organizational skills with attention-to-detail and the proven ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize assignments to meet deliverables.
- Ability to identify/solve problems.
- Excellent project management, organizational skills, and time management skills.
- Effective interpersonal communications.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and accurately analyze information/documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize good judgement and discretion in the handling and maintaining of confidential information.
- Adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- Experience in the not-for-profit field.
- Experience working in a global HR capacity.
- SHRM-CP, SPHR or PHR is a plus.
- Experience with ADP.
- French language skills.