Government Affairs Associate
Location: DC Metro Area
Our dynamic client is an established DC government relations firm who is seeking an Associate to join the Washington, DC office. They are a leader in natural resource advocacy, coalition building, and strategic consulting for clients in the conservation, water, clean energy, forestry and outdoor recreation issues areas.
The Associate will work directly with clients on important and rewarding legislative and administrative outcomes as a member of a dynamic team. The Associate will also: support partners on client work, undertake direct lobbying, build coalitions, assist with scheduling, perform research, and handle general firm support tasks.
Candidates must be hard-working, detail-oriented, and able to work on multiple projects. Candidates should have strong research and writing skills and a passion for the outdoors. Growth opportunities are available within the firm for employees displaying excellent performance across the public affairs skill set. Family-friendly hours workplace. Market-competitive salary, year-end bonus, and benefits.
Education & Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience, such as in congress or a federal agency
- Strong communication skills—written and oral
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of federal government workings
- Strong organizational skills
- Enthusiasm for or interest in natural resource issues