Financial Systems Manager
Location: DC Metro Area
Our client, a community non-profit organization, is seeking a Financial Systems Manager to join its team. The Essential Role of the Financial Systems Manager is to manage the day‐to‐day Accounts Receivable and Distributions functions. This person is responsible for Pledge Processing, Monthly Deposits, and Distribution Processes. These three core responsibilities include data maintenance in the CRM system to ensure pledges, donor intent, payments and distributions to our charity partners are executed based off the agreement with the Campaign, Donor and Charity.
The Leadership function of this position includes on‐boarding, training of new and current policies and procedures and to ensure the finance team meet all daily, weekly, special projects, and monthly tasks. This person is also responsible for assisting in balance sheet reconciliations and serves as a backup in the absence of the Director of Finance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Supervising the Financial Systems Admin team specifically exercising the necessary authority to assure policies and procedures are followed and time frames are met.
- Complete daily reviews of deposits and processing of the Financial Systems Admin team.
- Supervise the Financial Systems Admin team in daily, weekly, and monthly processes related to Accounts Receivable processes, Data Entry processes, and any special projects.
- Oversee annual workplace giving campaign pledge data entry process.
- Manage month end charity distribution process.
- Assist in Month End Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Make on‐going recommendations to improve process efficiencies.
- Serve as a power user for the financial management technology Dynamic CRM.
- Resolve technical issues within the financial management system (CRM).
- Collaborate with critical lay leadership (volunteers) to identity, initiate, and develop solicitation efforts, enhance current engagement initiatives, and foster opportunities for organizational and communal leadership development
- Develops and implements programming, events, and immersive travel experiences that further the organization’s philanthropic goals
- Works closely with key donors and cohorts, and with Donor Engagement team, will develop and implement cross-organizational engagement and fundraising strategies
- Directly manage one development officer
- Responsible for implementing and evaluating individual and team metrics on an ongoing basis to ensure that goals are being met and professional growth is fostered
- Partner with colleagues across the development team and across the organization to enhance the philanthropic engagement and leadership development of all donors, prospects and lay leaders
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, business administration, information systems OR 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Dynamic CRM/365 a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to handle varied activities in a fast‐paced environment.
- Technical and analytic focus working within established standards and guidelines.
- Expertise‐based problem solving.
- Authoritative, quick decision making based on accepted quality standards, policies and procedures.
- Task based and technically oriented communication style.
The organization offers a people-friendly environment including excellent health care and retirement benefits, generous time off, flexible work options and opportunities for continued professional development, including an annual stipend. This is currently a remote role and will have telework options.