Location: DC Metro Area
Our client is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. This newly created Financial Compliance role will support their external financial compliance requirements. This position will ensure adherence to all financial requirements and timely submission of funder requirements. This person will be responsible for working with our field offices to ensure that they are always “audit ready” and to provide training in areas in which weaknesses are observed. This is a great position for someone who wants to make an immediate impact from Day 1! Ideal candidate is a Staff Auditor from a CPA firm or grants accountant from a non-profit organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
Internal Financial Compliance
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans for all field offices;
- Perform the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over field operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability, and compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Obtain, analyze, and evaluate accounting documentation and data;
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit results, including risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies;
- Conduct follow up assessments to monitor implementation of recommendations;
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards; and
- Manage additional compliance requirements as we are made aware.
- Develop and maintain database of funder compliance requirements related to financial, procurement, and asset management;
- Coordinate program-specific financial audits as required by funders;
- Identify compliance risks and work with program teams to remedy risks;
- Ensure subcontractor adherence to all compliance requirements; and
- Support Finance team as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required, but MA/S preferred
- Minimum of 3 years non-profit accounting experience, preferably working directly with grants management and funder compliance
- Knowledge of working with international NGOs (INGO)
- Ability to perform and prioritize competing projects and tasks with ease and professionalism
This role offers a competitive salary and robust benefits package.