Location: DC Metro Area
Fluency in Spanish and English is required for this position
The Executive Director Department works across the organization to support the Executive Director and Executive leadership teams. The Executive Assistant will assist in scheduling meetings, drafting newsletters, emails, answering phones, and managing other administrative and program management responsibilities.
Our client, a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of immigrants and working-class communities, with deep progressive values, is seeking an Executive Assistant who will report to the Executive Director to support and provide high-level administrative support to the Chief executive team. This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills as well as administrative, and project management skills. A successful Executive Assistant is creative, organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Provide administrative support including calendar management, meeting preparation, and presentations. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgments and recommendations to ensure seamless day-to-day engagements.
- Complete a variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the Executive Director’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, drafting organizational newsletters, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists, and completing invoices and expense reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Executive Director, and Chief executives, including those of high confidentiality.
- Serve as a liaison to other staff, external partners, and the Board of Directors.
- Prioritize and determine the appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect Executive Director’s style and organization policy.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up accordingly.
- Coordinate all Executive leadership meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events, as needed.
- Communicate and/or coordinate the Executive Director’s instructions and desires with various individuals and/or departments/divisions; furnish and obtain information from others as needed.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
- Valid US Driver’s License and car
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required
- Commitment to social change and to furthering the mission and progressive values
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High School Diploma Required. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience is required in working in an executive assistant role supporting C-Level executives. Nonprofit board experience is highly preferred.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software; ability to learn new or updated software.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners.
- Expert level in written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of support service and response.
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
This organization offers a full benefits package and a salary commensurate with experience.