Events & Marketing Specialist
Location: DC Metro Area
Our DC-based client is a dynamic and growing organization. They are actively searching for an experienced and passionate Events & Marketing Specialist. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and detail-oriented marketer to own and execute on events strategy that engages customers and prospects alike.
As the Events & Marketing Specialist, you’ll work in the Product, Marketing & Communications team and will have ownership for all external events. The client delivers virtual and in-person events each year ranging from its flagship tradeshow which draws 3000+ attendees to its virtual events and workshops for 100+ participants. You will be responsible to driving each event smoothly to conclusion keeping your cool while juggling multiple priorities, working in multiple lanes, and being the lead and teammate to internal and external partners. If problem-solving is in your DNA, this role could be for you.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create, manage, and maintain project plans, priorities, and critical path.
- Manage the events calendar.
- Create, manage, and reconcile budgets.
- Establish deadlines, assign responsibilities, and drive decisions.
- Ensure seamless coordination among with internal stakeholders, and third-party suppliers.
- Responsible for execution of all facets of each event including, but not limited to:
- Site / platform research, selection, and contracting
- Pre-production – supplier management, agenda development, speaker and sponsor communications
- On-site logistics, staffing, and sponsor fulfillment
- Post-event reconciliation and after-action reporting
- Working knowledge of A/V requirements
- Provide general administrative support to the department including – e.g. managing branded inventory, shipping, preparing and distributing meeting notes
- Manage relationships with vendors and suppliers, collaborate with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams to develop event requirements including booth graphic materials, on booth displays, marketing presentation materials, promotion, and advertising campaigns.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in conference management
- Microsoft Office suite program experience preferred (Outlook, Excel, OneNote); Excel and spreadsheet experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of online events platforms such as Hopin, Zoom and Teams, working knowledge of online registration platforms such as Cvent Working knowledge of design software such as Adobe InDesign.
- Working knowledge of Word Press, and HTML
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail in composing, editing and proofing materials
- Outstanding customer service orientation and customer resolution skills
- Well-developed time management skills: highly organized, efficient, and detail oriented
- Strong work habits and work cooperatively with other employees, vendors, and clients
- Available & willingness to travel nationally and internationally as required
- Ability to work weekends and evenings based on event schedules
Our client offers a full and robust benefits and salary package. Please respond for immediate consideration.