Senior Director, Institutional Giving
Location: DC Metro Area
*This role will be in office 4 days a week and 1 day remote*
*Candidates must live in the DC metro area*
Our client, a dynamic and growing organization, is seeking a Director of Institutional Giving. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an organization that provides assistance to those in need. The organization provides hope for millions of people each year, regardless of their background. If you are interested in working for an organization that is making a difference in the lives of others, this is the perfect position for you. The organization offers a competitive salary and great benefits package.
To advance the client’s strategic priorities, the Director of Institutional Giving is responsible for identifying and securing new sources of funding from Foundations, Impact Investors, and Corporations. In addition to corporate giving, and partnerships with collaborative organizations, this individual will ensure that corporate and foundational giving is a vibrant component of a comprehensive fundraising strategy.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Grant Writing
- Maintain the master calendar for grant submissions and manage grant proposals.
- Find and contact institutional funders to request significant gifts and grants.
- In collaboration with the Chief Development Officer, develop and implement a sustainable plan for corporate and foundation giving
- Work with Strategic Priority Leads to develop plans to promote the client’s special initiatives for corporate, foundation, and other investment engagement.
- Develop relationships with corporate gift officers and foundation decision-makers.
- Conduct and oversee research to effectively cultivate prospective funding partners.
- Motivates and communicates effectively with staff from Program Services.
- Ensures accurate records are kept of all contacts with funders and prospective partners.
- Acknowledge gifts from corporations and foundations properly
- Plan and implement monthly strategies for the continued growth of the corporate and foundation giving program, as well as opportunities for investing in community development.
- Establish compliance systems focusing on the code of ethics and professional conduct standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience in securing large gifts from corporations and foundations
- Focused on maximizing funding opportunities.
- Strong knowledge of and commitment to the client’s mission, vision, and values.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to make exciting presentations.
- Writing persuasive proposals that are supported by strong arguments.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Take the initiative and require minimal direction.
- Exercises significant leadership in the client’s mission to Reduce Poverty in America.
- An energetic team player who cares deeply about the mission.
- Strong project management skills.
- Legal and ethical requirements for donor-designated funding.
- Record-keeping and compliance reporting for foundation grants.
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure donor confidentiality and discretion when dealing with business matters.
- Ensure that assigned support staff perform to the highest standards
Education & Experience Requirements
- Experience working with corporations, and securing large gifts
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong history in securing large grants from private foundations.
- 7 years experience in development
- Relational database experience.