Director of Human Resources
Location: DC Metro Area
Our client’s mission is to create a more just society by building power and improving the quality of life in working-class and immigrant communities. The organization’s vision is a future with diverse and thriving communities living free from discrimination and working together; with mutual respect to achieve full human rights for all.
Qualified candidates will have Racial Justice Equality and Inclusion experience.
Fluency in Spanish and English is required for this position.
Our client is seeking a Director of Human Resources to strengthen and implement administrative and operational processes, procedures, and policies, while directly overseeing the Human Resources and Sites departments. Our HR department is passionate about building amazing experiences for all employees. In addition to meeting the organization’s goals, the HR department ensures staff productivity, engagement, and retention are high, and staff feels welcome. Leading and guiding the organization in alignment with its goals and priorities is the primary responsibility of the Director as a member of the senior leadership team.
In addition to overseeing the Human Resources department, they seek a Director of Human Resources (HR) to strengthen and implement administrative and operational processes, procedures, and policies. HR is passionate about creating amazing experiences for all employees across the organization. In addition to meeting the organization’s goals, HR ensures staff productivity, engagement, and retention are high, and that staff feel welcome at the organization. In addition to providing leadership and strategy to the organization, the Director will ensure alignment with the organization’s goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
Organizational Leadership and Strategy
- Lead efforts to increase operational literacy across the organization to promote effective policy and process management and develop internal leadership
- Provides vision, leadership, and strategic guidance for the organization-wide design and implementation of strategies that promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Leads and develops an internal team to support the organization’s goals and priorities, including management of the process and system to track progress on long- and short-term goals
- Play a critical role in collaborating with the senior leadership team members, in strategic decision-making, and operations as they continue to enhance its quality programming and build capacity.
- Lead and oversee the organization’s mission and goals for Racial Justice, Equity, and Inclusion (RJEI)
- Work with the Director of Leadership and other implementation managers to ensure ongoing success and achievements over the awareness and understanding of RJEI.
- Develop, review, and implement policies, procedures, and systems related to employment and human resources, including identifying new opportunities for growth, enhancement, or improvement
- Determine the effectiveness of long-range plans for new programs and organizational strategies in terms of attracting, motivating, developing, and retaining employees
- Enhance our staff’s skills and commitment by creating employment experiences and spaces
- Promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion within the organization, valuing differences, and creating a sense of belonging
- Ensure the development of programs and services that support, develop, leverage, and recognize the strengths and contributions of all employees through talent acquisition and retention strategies
- Identify and develop organizational talent through strategies and programs
- Create specific training programs for staff, interns, and volunteers based on competency, knowledge, and talent gaps
- Ensure compliance with organization policies and procedures by providing guidance and accountability
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations by staying up to date on changes in the field
- Maintain a robust onboarding and offboarding process for employees
- Assist staff and supervisors with performance issues, grievances, and other HR-related concerns and issues
- Issues and conflicts should be raised and tracked, barriers need to be removed, complex issues involving stakeholders should be resolved, and issues should be escalated to the appropriate level when necessary
- Analyze the HR department’s structure, improve the team’s efficiency and effectiveness, and provide opportunities for professional and personal growth.
Education, Certifications, and Qualifications Required:
- A degree or certificate in Business Management, Business Operations, and/or related Business certifications are a plus.
- At least 5 years of management/director-level experience in a nonprofit organization.
- Experience in administration, operations, and/or human resources management is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent knowledge using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Commitment to equality, diversity, and cross-cultural competence
This organization offers a competitive salary and robust benefits package.