Director of Education: Content and Platforms
Location: DC Metro Area
Our client is a dynamic and growing organization looking for a Director of Education: Content and Platforms. This is an exciting opportunity to engage with the organization’s members and other partners on topics of importance to healthcare associations. If you are interested in working for a dynamic association and making a difference within the healthcare industry, this is the perfect position for you.
Note: This is a hybrid position and seeking applicants in the DMV area
The Director of Education: Content and Platforms will lead the development of a new, enhanced educational strategy for the organization, designing and developing new programs that align with the organization’s strategic goals, meeting audience needs, and ensuring that all programs (organization’s annual conference, specialty workshops, and webinar series) are relevant and effective. This position will work across teams to provide leadership and management of all aspects of the organization’s educational content including developing learning outcomes, designing curriculum, communicating with participants both pre-and post-meeting, and following up with evaluation/assessment of programs. The continuing education accreditation compliance requirements are also managed by this position. The Director of Education: Content and Platforms will develop the implementation of a portfolio of high-quality, engaging offerings in an omnichannel approach to serve the needs of the organization members.
In partnership with the organization staff leadership, this position will also be responsible for integrating educational content and resources into membership programs to ensure that member experience provides meaningful and measurable professional development and engagement opportunities.
The right candidate will be a strategic thinker as well as have an understanding of meeting logistics management, such as venue and speaker contracts. A strong background in educational design is required and continuing education accreditation experience (CE, ACCME. ADA-CERP, NASBA, and CLE programs) is preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
Educational Content, Programming & Management:
- Design and oversee a multi-modal educational strategy focused on providing educational resources that will help members develop professional knowledge, leadership skills, and operational abilities. These offerings include but are not limited to publications, online resource-library offerings, meetings, webinars, and workshops (in-person, asynchronous, virtual, and hybrid).
- Oversee online learning strategy and identify content partners, new methodologies, and formats around virtual learning and community building.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the association’s educational resources for relevance, organizational need, and value-added benefit with respect to the Association’s mission, vision, and strategic plan. Make recommendations and changes as needed.
- Serve within a leadership structure to support cross-programmatic strategies for member education and engagement.
- Serve as liaison to member volunteer planning committees.
- Seek and maintain knowledge and awareness of current issues, trends, theories, and research affecting the medical liability industry.
- Develop and manage budgets for all educational offerings and department operations.
- Supervise a team of two meetings and education professionals.
Role Requirements & Preferences
- At least 10 years of experience in Association educational design/programming and meetings management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of learning formats to ensure a variety of learning experiences are offered.
- Knowledge of the healthcare, insurance, and/or medical professional liability sector desired.
- Experience implementing virtual programming on a variety of platforms.
- Knowledge of continuing education accreditation compliance, ACCME desired.
- Experience developing, writing and editing educational content.
- Strong project management, follow-up, and follow-through skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines and budgets.
- Contract management and negotiation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Overnight travel and weekend work schedules may be required in performing assigned tasks.
Our client offers an excellent salary and robust benefits package.