Director of Development and Individual Giving
Location: DC Metro Area
*This is a hybrid position and seeking applicants in the DC Metro area*
Our client is growing and is seeking a Director of Development and Individual Giving who is enthusiastic, multi-talented, and ready to dive into a job at the center of a busy organization and who will:
- Have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow a 5 to 10 million dollar annual budget through the solicitation of major gifts, online donations, membership, special events and foundation support.
- Work closely with the President and Senior Vice President and coordinate with the other members of the development team to build and implement a strong, diversified fundraising program.
Principle duties will include the following:
- In coordination with senior leadership team, establish and implement the infrastructure needed to raise revenue and meet annual budgets through raising foundation support, the solicitation of major gifts, membership, special events, and online fundraising
- Work closely with the leadership team and Board of Directors to ensure the financial health, and to build and implement a strong, diversified fundraising program.
- Build a pipeline of foundation and individual donor prospects and conduct outreach in coordination with senior management and the Board of Directors, as applicable.
- Manage and oversee development and execution of foundation and individual donor proposals, including working with program staff to draft proposals; write and archive proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach.
- Oversee and conduct foundation and individual donor prospects and other funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position us ahead of major funding changes or trends.
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leadership.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors.
- Help identify, develop, and mentor the development team.
- Help supervise the day to day funding activities and the activities of the foundation and individual donor fundraising staff and consultants.
- Work with appropriate staff to increase the fundraising potential of our website, online campaigns and e-store.
- Once agreements and grants are confirmed, work to ensure that obligations and reporting requirements are met.
- Help develop special events and projects as needed.
- Education: College degree preferred.
- Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of the environmental, conservation, clean energy or related field
- Work Experience: At least five years of foundation, membership and/or individual donor fundraising training experience.
- Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal, supervisory strategic planning and training skills; excellent media skills; good computer skills; familiarity with database programs helpful.
- Capabilities: Ability to work well with a wide range of people, work well under pressure, and adapt to changing situations.
- Long hours possible; travel required
Our client offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a complete benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, and retirement benefits