Director of Corporate Engagement
Location: DC Metro Area
*This is a hybrid position and seeking applicants in the DC Metro area*
A nation that enhances children’s well-being, prioritizes the needs of marginalized children and empowers communities to enhance their well-being is the vision of our client. In particular, the organization focuses on serving and advocating for youth and young adults under the age of 25, especially those living in poverty and minorities. If you are looking to make a difference, this is the job for you. The organization offers a competitive salary and a great benefits package.
Our client is seeking Director of Corporate Engagement (DCE). The DCE will collaborate with the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, executive leadership, Advancement, the state office, and other staff. The DCE will develop and implement strategic plans for building relationships with corporate partners to support the programs nationally and locally. In addition to in-kind support, sponsorship, and other engagement initiatives, they will seek and develop business foundation opportunities. To identify opportunities that align the organization’s goals with potential partners, the DCE monitors corporate philanthropy trends and the funding landscape. The DCE will supervise the Stewardship and Engagement manager to ensure appropriate cultivation, stewardship and other engagement initiatives are strategically developed and executed.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Locate, cultivate, and solicit corporate foundations, businesses, and organizations across the country.
- Serve as a highly visible external representative the organization. To maximize funding opportunities, establish and maintain strong relationships with key community, corporate and organizational leaders, and influencers.
- Steward strategic donors and strategic donor prospects by keeping them informed about the organization’s trends, programs of interest and engagement opportunities with the help of the Stewardship and Engagement Manager.
- Promote the organization at relevant conferences and other events to raise awareness and engage new customers.
- Partner with the VP and other advancement team members to identify marketing and promotion opportunities as partner benefits, leveraging the organization’s website, digital advertising program, and other existing constituent outreach channels.
- In coordination with the VP, engage with the organizations state offices when specific major relationships could or should directly connect with the organizations specific work in those geographic areas.
- Establish strategic partnerships and oversee the fulfillment of partnership agreements by writing concept papers, proposals, and presentations.
- Ensure follow-up pertaining to all assigned strategic partner activities and sponsorship solicitations.
- Supervise the Manger, Stewardship and Engagement to implement a stewardship and cultivation strategy for corporate, foundation and individual supporters.
Education & Experience Requirements
- A minimum of seven years
- Bachelor’s degree required ; Master’s degree preferred
- Polished and effective public representative capable of initiating and building relationships with prospective corporate/foundation senior corporate executives and program officers, major donors, board members and senior staff.
- Excellent public presentation skills required, with the ability to convey passion and enthusiasm in all partner interactions.
- Excellent attention to detail, writing, and commination skills
- Experience using social media platforms and Raiser’s Edge are strongly preferred
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
Skills and Abilities
- Self-starter who can work independently under tight deadlines
- Keep abreast of corporate philanthropy trends and best practices by continually learning and developing
Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Maintains good practice while solving creative problems.
- Provides unique, but workable, and useful solutions to difficult problems.
- Rather than focusing on reactive, quick solutions, thinks about desired outcomes. Develops ways to make the idea a reality. Experiments with new ideas, methodologies, and procedures.
- Analyzes potential problems and solutions without relying on tangible, “real-life” examples.
- Seeks ways to improve service delivery. Assesses the organization and its services from the customer’s point of view. Emphasizes a team approach to providing great customer service.
- Recognizes adverse customer reactions and develops better alternatives.
- Presents a positive disposition when interacting with customers
- Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Builds rapport by listening to, discussing, and negotiating with, and rewarding, encouraging, and motivating others.