Director of Communications & Public Affairs
Location: DC Metro Area
Our innovative client, the Entertainment Software Association (“ESA”), is the voice and advocate for the U.S. video game industry. Its members are the innovators, creators, publishers, and business leaders that are reimagining entertainment and transforming how we interact, learn, connect, and play. The ESA works to expand and protect the dynamic marketplace for video games through innovative and engaging initiatives that showcase the positive impact of video games on people, culture, and the economy.
- Note: This is a hybrid role and requires 3 days per week in the office and 2 days remote.
The Director of Communications and Public Affairs will develop and design campaigns to provide support for ESA’s member work in D.C. and major states. This position reports to the VP of Communications and Public Affairs and will assist the SVP and VP of Communications and Public Affairs in designing communication channels to best showcase the video game industry’s successes and developments.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Analyzing the effectiveness of communication platforms
- Editing and strategizing content
- Coordinating with internal departments
- Acting as the point of contact for media inquiries both state and federal
- Creating and executing products for ESA’s brand, develop and manage editorial calendars
- Developing reference materials and other creative assets for public affairs
Education and Experience Requirements
- 6-10 years of tracked experience.
- 2-3 years minimum working on D.C. on Capitol Hill, government agency, PA agency, or trade association.
Ideal candidates will have federal and state communications experience, ability to meet strict deadlines, and have digital fluency.
This organization offers a robust salary and benefits package.