Director of Accounting & Operations
Location: DC Metro area
Our international client is a global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. The team consists of over 1,000 professionals in over 25 offices globally.
The Director of Accounting & Operations reports directly to the Global Vice President and Controller. This role will have complete oversight of the US operations.
- Manage all levels of US GAAP accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash flow processes
- Assist the Global Finance team with the annual external financial statement Audit
- Responsible for the US tax reporting and assisting the Global Consolidation and reporting team in the process of completing the annual Tax Returns (Form 990 and 990T); evaluating and incorporating changes in IRS Form 990 Reporting Requirements
- Lead the month-end and year-end close and reporting for the US Operations
- Direct and collaborate with US and Global Finance team for creation and updates of Finance policies
- Review and authorize all wire transfers and check payments
- Work closely with the Global VP & Controller to ensure organizational decisions, actions and communications are in support of agreed upon goals, balancing strategic objectives with tactical execution to achieve results
- Evaluate current accounting practices and policies, drive continuous improvement, research, and analyze accounting matters and positions
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ work experience, 4 years of which should have been with non-profit organizations, on general ledger accounting for an international, professional services firm, with multiple projects and demonstrated accounting and financial analysis experience
- Active Certified Public Accountant License required
- Strong analytical, detail oriented, lateral, and linear thinker with sound professional judgment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; oral and written presentation and communication skills
- Proficient with Workday or similar ERP systems, Microsoft Office; ERP experience, integrating general ledger, budget, payroll, HCM, CRM, etc. a plus
- Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, International Financial Reporting Standards, and IRS regulations for 501(c)(3)
Our client offers competitive salary commensurate with experience and full benefits package. Please submit a resume for immediate consideration.