Director, Marketing and Corporate Sponsorships
Location: DC Metro Area
*This is a hybrid position and seeking applicants in the DC Metro area*
Our client is growing and is seeking a Director, Marketing and Corporate Sponsorships who is enthusiastic, multi-talented, and ready to dive into a job at the center of a busy organization. This organization aims to change the global environmental movement. If you are passionate about helping the environment, this could be the job for you.
Reporting to the President, the Director will work with the President, Senior Vice President and Board members to ensure financial health and build and implement a strong, diversified corporate fundraising program and develop corporate growth and fundraising goals.
Principle duties will include the following:
- Oversight of corporate fundraising development strategies
- Manage and grow a portfolio of corporate donor and sponsor relationships by identifying, cultivating and maintaining strong, positive relationships with diverse base of existing and prospective corporate donor and sponsor funders, to be approved by President
- Work with the President and staff to communicate with all prospective and current corporate sponsors and donors
- Strategically leverage the time of the President, Senior Vice President, Programs and Operations, and other organizational leaders to meet aggressive corporate fundraising targets, including developing the capacity of the Board to support corporate development goals
- Develop and maintain systems to ensure accountability and help evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s corporate development program
- Oversee and be accountable for preparation of high-quality corporate fundraising and sponsorship proposals, packages, letters, brochures and collateral materials and board and Annual Report sections to support corporate fundraising activities
- Contribute to and support branding strategy that supports corporate fundraising and program efforts and communicate and enforce execution of brand
- Move prospective sponsor relationships forward from discussion, to proposal, to agreement and payment.
- Oversee and be accountable for execution of agreed upon sponsor deliverables.
- Develop programmatic and employee engagement options for corporate partnership opportunities in collaboration with and in support of our campaigns
- Develop sponsorship visibility, branding, communications and traditional and social media benefits, and sponsorship budgets and levels
- Supervise day to day corporate funding activities and the activities of corporate fundraising staff, if and when such staff are hired
- Supervise and support external corporate consultants on a limited basis as approved by the President and Senior Vice President
- Ensure that whenever possible and appropriate, corporate donors receive the widest possible public recognition
- Acknowledge all corporate contributions and comply with all corporate donor reporting and other requirements
- Work with appropriate staff to develop and increase the fundraising potential of merchandizing and licensing opportunities
- Develop and execute our Gala sponsorship plan, including identifying and soliciting sponsors, developing Gala sponsorship materials
- Maintain records on Sharepoint P drive and databases of corporate contacts and relationships including contact information of key contacts, documentation of decks and other outreach materials and donation and sponsorship agreements and related materials.
- Required to travel as necessary and approved by President.
- Additional activities that will contribute to improving the environment
Our client offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a complete benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, and retirement benefits