Senior Development Manager
Location: DC Metro Area
**Only candidates local to DC/MD/VA area are being considered at this time**
Our dynamic philanthropic client located in Arlington, VA is looking for a Development Manager, Senior. They offer a strong compensation package and fantastic benefits.
The Development Manager, Senior raises philanthropic funds through the management of overall individual giving, including the development of targeted online programs as well as fundraising initiatives involving new and developing media and technologies. They are responsible for the overall development of donor engagement, as well as all fundraising activity through direct mail, online, and email outreach. This position will be an integral part of fundraising efforts, working collaboratively and strategically with teams across the organization and support efforts to increase individual donor revenue and major giving pathway.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Manage delivery of fundraising campaigns across digital, mobile, social media, and developing channels
- Develop and implements digital fundraising programs (including new and existing e-newsletters and e-renewals), online content monetization, widgets, online application development, second-screen donations, hybrids utilizing traditional mail and other techniques.
- Identify, cultivate, and steward individual donors capable of making donations of up to $5,000 Manage cultivation of prospects through digital fundraising tools and initiates strategies to foster higher giving levels
- Highlight stories of impact in donor-facing communications, publications, presentations, and social media by building a sense of donor community
- Collaborate with volunteer leadership including the Board of Directors and other committees
- Assist with the preparation for senior management meetings, reports, and briefings to the board
- Compile fundraising reports using donor database query and report systems to inform strategy and identify solicitation opportunities
- Coordinate and complete donor research on selected donor candidates
- Develop and implement an efficient donor acknowledgement and fulfillment program
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit management, communication, public relations, or related field of study or equivalent experience is required
- Five or more years of fundraising experience
- Thorough knowledge of individual and annual fund fundraising principles
- Understanding of multichannel fundraising efforts and prospect moves management
- Experience working with donors/member services or providing high-level customer service experience
- Ability to conduct research, write, analyze, and evaluate records, correspondence and other documentation required to accomplish goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills particularly as they relate to grammar, style, and punctuation.
- Medical association or nonprofit experience
- General knowledge of health care, infectious diseases and children’s healthcare preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Classy, and Mailchimp preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time