Location: DC Metro Area
Our client is a dynamic and growing organization looking for a Development Manager. They are a college preparatory school that helps children from low-income families. Through their programs, they help develop transformative leaders who will not only succeed in college but also make a difference in the world. If you would like to make a difference in the community and in the lives of children, this job is for you. They offer an excellent benefits package and very competitive salaries.
The Development Manager oversees the development team’s comprehensive giving strategy, which includes individual and foundation giving, the Annual Fund, and the 4-year Scholarship Society. Their role will be to manage a portfolio of major donors and to collaborate with the Vice President of Advancement and the President on fundraising strategies. Directly reporting to the Vice President of Advancement, they supervise two other staff members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Establish a comprehensive revenue and expense plan that covers individual contributions, foundation funding, the Scholarship Society, and fundraising and stewardship events
- Ensure that the specific objectives of the plan are coordinated and provided regular updates to the VP of Advancement, such as revenue tracking, revisions, and modifications.
- Recommend a strategy for new and continuing financial partners, such as individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Research publications and resources to identify potential donors.
- Reconcile monthly records with the finance department
- Make fundraising solicitations and manage a portfolio of major donors
- Work with the Vice President to identify potential major gift donors and cultivate relationships with them; track donor contacts, and update donor profiles regularly.
- Develop and ensure the success of the annual fundraiser and other fundraising events in partnership with the VP and Development Associate
- Participate in development-related events and activities both externally and internally
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience soliciting major gifts and leading fundraising campaigns for over seven years
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and a desire to grow development efforts
- Individual fundraising success
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, and procedures for obtaining information about the giving history and preferences of individuals, families, corporations, and foundations
- Ability to use feedback as a tool for improving professional performance
- Critical thinking, reflection, and prioritization abilities
- Track record of meeting or exceeding fundraising goals
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining strong relationships with donors
- Experience leading and managing direct reports
- Capable of working collaboratively with a team to achieve shared objectives
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as donor management CRM platforms
This organization offers an excellent compensation and robust benefits package.