Location: DC Metro Area
Our client, a mission-driven non-profit organization, is seeking a Database Manager. Our client is an open, connected, and vibrant community that cares for each other, fosters learning and journeys, embraces peoplehood, and acts as a force for good in the world. Candidates should be located in or willing to relocate to the Greater Washington (DC, MD, and Northern VA) region.
The Database Manager is responsible for the management and administration of the organization’s database infrastructure including updates, backups, support, and training. This may occupy up to 50% of the role. Additional responsibilities will include managing other organization systems, working closely with managed IT vendor to assist with in person IT support, cyber security, and other IT projects.
This is a technical manager role; qualified individuals should have hands-on experience with and a solid understanding of Database Management, Microsoft Office 365, PowerBI, SQL, and providing end user support. The organization is deeply embedded in the BlackBaudCRM and Microsoft 365 ecosystem and prioritizes using cloud-based systems and infrastructure.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Serve as primary CRM administrator including Blackbaud CRM (BBCRM); support any new implementation projects through requirement gathering, report development, documentation, and workflow development.
- Build out, maintain, and grow the organizational database. Solve critical areas of dysfunction and implement sustainable systems. Support development and impact staff with use of CRM and other data collection tools and ensure that technological issues are resolved promptly; train staff as needed. Manage system upgrades and backups (SQL).
- Create dashboards and reports measuring indicators of performance across the organization using SSRS and PowerBI.
- Provide a high level of support in person and remote in partnership with IT Vendors. Assist with setup, upgrade, installation, and maintenance of laptops and other equipment. Manage new users onboarding and training.
- Manage other company systems include Office365, PowerBI, donation platforms, password management software, Adobe, and project management software.
- Propose data and technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization priorities, identifying problems, evaluating trends, anticipating requirements, and integrating that knowledge to create and implement systems that work.
- Create and maintain processes and workflows to sync data between systems and tools.
- Train staff of varying technology skill and experience on current and new technologies.
- Ensures safe work practices through implementing digital security policies and systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Non-profit CRM system experience is required
- Extensive experience with database management, especially with CRM or relational databases.
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning, and transformation techniques.
- Experience with Microsoft administration (e.g., Office365, Azure Active Directory).
- Ability to use discretion and appropriate safeguards with confidential data.
- Able to work productively with a wide array of people and provide a superior customer experience.
- A confident and professional work style; must have the ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment in stressful circumstances.
- Experience with, and curiosity about, trying new technologies and testing to learn and improve our work.
- Solid understanding of digital security threats and best practices for their mitigation (e.g., NIST Cyber Security Framework, Center for Internet Security Controls)
- 2-4 years of experience preferred
Our client organization is a great place to work! This role offers a competitive total compensation package, offers flexible work and telework arrangements.