Location: DC Metro Area
Our client is great non-profit association in the DC metro area. The role reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. This role oversees all the day to day accounting operations along with month end and year end closes. Providing strategic, analytical and accurate information in a professional manner is critical in this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to oversight of the following areas:
- Maintaining internal controls and documentation to ensure accuracy of financial information
- Managing the day-to-day accounting operations
- Directing and supervising accounting staff
- Overseing all audits and taxes, working as a liaison to the accounting firm
- Generating timely and accurate financial statements
- Reviewing and ensuring all grants and contracts are accurate and timely
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 7-10 years of non-profit experience
- Federal grants or contracts experience is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong supervisory experience
- CPA is highly preferred
This organization offers excellent benefits and competitive salary.