Conference Programming and Logistics Manager
Location: DC Metro Area
Candidates must live in the DMV area
Our association client in Alexandria, VA, is seeking a Conference Education Manager. The organization has more than 32,000 members in over 168 countries. The organization is recognized as the global leader in its field and is dedicated to enhancing the profession through new programmatic initiatives, advocacy, and excellent member services. As a leadership association, its members’ needs come first. The organization thinks strategically and assesses constantly; cultivates good judgement and drives change. Your role as a Conference Education Manager will help meet the goals in a dynamic, thoughtful, and progressive environment. This role reports to the Senior Meetings Manager.
Yearly, the organization holds multiple meetings and events including the Annual Conference and Exposition with over 15,000 attendees, a sought-after city-wide event for many cities. The Events Education Manager will be responsible for program development, attendee acquisitions, and operational support for the annual conference and exposition, as well as supervision of one employee and manage contracts and contract employees from time-to-time. This position is integral to the success of the meeting and collaborates regularly with our team members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
Annual Conference Program Development and Speaker Management
- Manage all aspects of the Call for Presentations which includes development of the submission website, submission guidelines, and abstract system (currently Cadmium).
- Manage external and internal review process, presenter acceptance and notifications, reports, timelines, and responsive support to all individuals submitting abstracts.
- Maintain communications with the external and internal Track and Section liaisons to ensure workshop and meeting planning, publicity, and logistical needs are met.
- Assign space for workshop and meeting rooms for annual conference and manage and prepare work orders to include room sets, audio-visual equipment, and utilities.
- Collaborate with staff on the design and logistics for show management areas.
- Assist in the planning of annual banquet to include seating, ticket sales, entertainment.
- Manage the workshop certificate process.
Annual Conference Marketing
- Maintain and ensure that the conference brand is consistently represented throughout all touch points.
- Liaise and collaborate with internal staff and external marketing firm to provide specific annual conference related information to include print, digital, e-mail, and social media campaigns.
- Develop and manage the production of the printed conference program.
- Manage the mobile app for the annual conference.
- Maintain the conference website.
- Develop speaker resources for the annual conference speakers.
Mid-Size Meeting Oversight
- Manages Meetings Coordinator in their responsibilities which includes, but is not limited to, logistical details of three annually occurring midsize meetings (300-1,000 attendees) such as contract negotiations, speaker management, housing block management, food and beverage, meeting room set-up audio visual, transportation, special events, on-site management, billing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Five (5) years of job-related experience in a non-profit organization, association, or criminal justice environment
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other relevant business software such as Cadmium, Core-apps, Informz, Nimble, & Social Tables strongly preferred.
- Experience with hybrid meetings a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Solid Analytical skills including the ability to troubleshoot problems from multiple perspective.
- Effective task prioritization and time management skills.
- Solid writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Effective collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Experience with, and ability to manage elements of several projects at the same time.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skill in managing staff and projects.
- Ability to create and manage a budget, accounting for and preserving project resources.
Highlights of Employee Benefits
- Medical HMO: Free for Employee and Family (Local Employees).
- Vision: Free for Employee.
- Dental: Offered at a reasonable rate for Employee and Family.
- 403B: Match – up to 6% – after one year of employment.