Location: DC Metro Area
Our client is the oldest women’s healthcare nonprofit organization in the United States. The organization provides researchers, and administrators creates liaisons with states, establishes clinical practice standards, and promotes continuing education programs, and federal agencies and members of Congress.
Its mission is to promote the health and well-being of women and infants within their communities and families. The philosophy inherent in the profession says that they believe everyone has the right to safe, satisfying health care with respect for human dignity and cultural variations.
Note: This is a hybrid position and seeking applicants in the DMV area
A Conference and Events Manager is responsible for managing meetings, special projects, project management, and communicating about events throughout the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Annual Meeting, Events and Online Learning
- Assist the Director of Education in planning, preparing, executing, and staffing the Annual Meeting.
- Manage contracts with hotels, convention centers, registration companies, and special event companies in collaboration with the meetings consultant and Director of Education.
- Work with event vendors
- Coordinate site visits and all on-site logistics
- Provide attendees with a smooth registration experience by keeping all information current and accurate.
- Assist Executive Office staff with other events as needed, including travel, lodging and logistical support for meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate the production of planning documents
- Manage the registration process for the annual conference and other educational events (both in-person and virtual events) from start to finish, including serving as the primary contact for the registration vendor and supporting any additional vendors for customizations.
- Order all materials and supplies for conferences and meetings
- Produce, maintain, and manage departmental production schedules for conferences and educational events
- Prepare and execute logistics plans for all assigned meetings to ensure excellent member/attendee experiences
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors/suppliers, hotel and CVB partners
- Assist other departments when needed
- Assist with the preparation of content for the convention program guide and mobile app.
- Manage post-program tasks, such as reconciling bills and stocking returned materials.
- Assist the Director of Education in developing and monitoring event budgets
- Monitor contractual agreements and ensure obligations are met.
- Ensure that final bills are reconciled and billed to the appropriate accounts.
- Ensure accounts are current and payments are up to date on a regular basis
- Communicate meeting specific details to all stakeholders.
- Maintain a master schedule of events for the organization and speakers.
- Oversee the development of online registration webpage and maintain the records of registrants.
- Field calls from speakers and event invitees on event details and logistics.
- Coordinate blast e-mails and mailings
- Assist with development of event website pages and Peer-to-Peer platform updates.
- Assist with development of mobile app for members to use during meeting.
- Oversee day-of event execution working with program planning committee, volunteers, and staff.
- Oversee off-site meeting representatives to confirm and oversee room set up requirements, AV orders, food, and beverage orders, BEO’s, etc.
- Review accuracy of orders with outside vendors
- Coordinate all sessions, receptions, events, etc. to ensure set-up is as ordered.
- Oversee registration desk
- Set up and maintain a staff office with office materials, printers, Wi-Fi, snacks and water, first-aid kit, etc.
- Organize all orders appropriately (i.e., signage by day, wrap speaker, gifts, set up staff office, organize shipments and awards, etc.
- Ensure member satisfaction on-site.
- Assist in evaluating and summarizing the meeting, including measuring, and analyzing meeting performance and attendee satisfaction.
- Experience with the continuing education process.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project management experience (certification a plus), coordinating multiple projects simultaneously and meeting tight deadlines.
- 3-5 years or more experience in meeting planning and continuing education and program development, preferable in a nonprofit organization or professional association.
- Experience with database and abstract management platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including versatile writing skills and strong, accurate proofreading skills.
- Strong team player with ability to work collaboratively with colleagues as well as be an independent, creative, and resourceful self-starter.
- Strong customer service focus, consistently demonstrating courteous, cooperative, and helpful behavior to all internal and external contacts, accountability, follow-through, and close attention to detail.
- Proficient in database applications, website tools, MS Office and Adobe applications.
- Proficient in e-mail development and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Analytical skills to summarize and analyze meeting budgets and reports.
- Knowledge of Customer Management Systems
- Ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Motivated self-starter with a positive attitude; able to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to receive instruction from supervisor and prioritize responsibilities and time as required.
- Ability to work under direct supervision and follow standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
Organizational Norms/Core Values:
- Respect – Works collaboratively to develop positive relationships and treats staff, volunteers, and stakeholders in a manner that promotes fairness, inclusivity, teamwork, and the accomplishment of the strategic goals.
- Customer Service Focus – Proactive, professional, and responsive to meeting the service expectations of all customers; both internal and external to the organization.
- Teamwork – Leverages knowledge across the organization and diversity to enhance the work of the organization and works collaboratively to develop positive relationships with staff, volunteers, members, and other stakeholders to achieve the shared the organizations goals.
- Transparency – Engages in openness, communication, and accountability of the business processes and decisions.
- Accountability –Displays honesty and truthfulness, confronts problems quickly, and displays strong commitment to the success of the organization including a willingness to accept full responsibility in meeting the core values and work performance expectations.
Our client offers an excellent salary and benefits package.