Accounts Payable Manager
Location: DC Metro Area
Our client is a foundation dedicated to advancing the education of exceptionally promising students who have financial need. This position reports to the Payroll and Accounting Manager.
Responsible for all aspects of operational and young scholars’ accounts payable including management of payment cycle, monthly accruals, and adjusting journal entries. Provide journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations for monthly closings, year-end audit, annual budget and forecasts, 990 PF return, and other projects as required. Administer the record retention policies for vendor files and financial statement records. Strong operational and analytical skills necessary to develop and implement disbursement management reporting and tracking procedures in an evolving, dynamic environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Administers the operating accounts payable process. Duties include vendor maintenance for the financial database, review invoices/expense statements for accuracy, obtain proper authorization signatures, review and process voucher information into the accounting system, and issue timely payments. Also responsible for researching vendor payment disputes, financial records maintenance, issuing financial software control reports, and monthly and year-end reconciliation reports to support the financial statements and annual PwC audit. Scope of payments is approximately $4 million annually.
- Manage accounts payable process for young scholars program. Work closely with educational advisers and young scholars’ program managers to ensure expenditures are paid in a timely manner and accounted for properly. Duties include maintenance of young scholar payables and contract files, reviewing invoices for accuracy and authorization signatures, inputting vouchers into the ILP database system, uploading vouchers to accounting system, and issuing timely payments. Assist financial analyst with monthly ILP reconciliations as required. Scope of young scholar ILP payments is approximately $2 million annually.
- Develop and issue monthly reconciliations, audit schedules and tax schedules for prepaid postage, legal fees, accounting fees, professional fees, and other accounts as assigned.
- Responsible for reviewing and issuing 1099’s, 1042-S forms and other IRS information returns, verifying vendor W-9’s are on file, and vendor tax ID numbers are accurate in GPD.
- Oversee the client’s disbursement files record retention policy with assistance of the General Office Coordinator as needed.
- Actively participates in the client’s annual budget process. Analyzes data and prepares budget reports for internal use, and makes budget recommendations based on analysis.
- Perform Cash deposit function using the Panini machine
- Administer the client’s limited credit card program. Responsible for reviewing monthly statements, reconciling to receipts, coordinating expense approval with appropriate staff and processing credit card statements in accounts payable.
- Reconcile the Cash Rec monthly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some college level accounting classes required, bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Minimum of two years accounts payable experience.
- Substantial computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with Great Plains Dynamics accounting system is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and diverse groups toward accomplishment of shared goals. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate financial information.
- A strong attention to detail and ability to work independently to meet deadlines. Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- The client follows a 35-hour work week schedule for full-time positions. This position requires additional hours during busy times and/or as needed to meet deadlines.
- A demonstrated commitment to supporting and enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
For immediate consideration, please contact Margaret Pickett at firstname.lastname@example.org.