Location: DC Metro Area
Our thriving client is a management consulting firm in the DC metro area that serves non-profit clients. They are employee-owned management company looking for an Accounting Manager for their DC office. This Accounting Manager and their team provide a comprehensive set of accounting and financial expertise to their clients. Reporting to the Director of Financial & Accounting Services, this role has full responsibility for the day-to-day operations while overseeing a team of up 2-3 accountants.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Complete oversight of 2-3 accountants – completing reviews, training, development and mentorship
- Manage all accounting activities for assigned clients including monthly closes, generating financial statements and analysis.
- Maintain client compliance with current tax and legal regulations
- Manage and supervise the annual audit process
- Manage client relationships with key vendors
- Assist in the creation of the annual budget process
- Review/monitor appropriate internal controls and monitor compliance
- Aid in the development and periodic review of an investment policy; analyze performance in relation to investment benchmarks; and aid in the development of an operating reserve policy to provide for future client programs
- BS in Accounting from an accredited institution
- 5-7 years of progressive accounting experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- CPA is preferred
- Experience in a public accounting background is preferred
- Proficiency with Adobe and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This role offers a robust benefit package and salary.