Location: DC Metro Area
Our client is a dynamic organization. They are actively searching for an Accounting Coordinator. The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for recording cash receipts for the organization and related entities into its system and, when necessary, preparing & depositing checks using a remote deposit desktop.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to oversight of the following areas:
- Process and records cash receipts to the proper accounts within one business day of receipt.
- Distribute daily cash batches for data entry into the system.
- Resolve unidentified receipts through correspondence, calls, emails or any other means necessary to identify payment.
- Review, and when necessary, create refund requests, verifying accuracy of request.
- Set up the vendor record in the accounting system and prepare checks, ACH and wire payment as needed. Manage and address inquires for the accounts payable inbox.
- Manage and address inquiries for both internal and external customers by assessing and triaging incoming messages as needed.
- Manage relevant inboxes, assessing appropriate course of action and troubleshooting as required.
- Coordinate with internal, cross-functional partners as needed to resolve questions and/or issues.
- Associates degree in related field or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the necessary skills and abilities required for the position.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field, preferred
- Preferred 2-5 years accounting experience (cash receipts/accounts receivable experience).
- Experience in a membership organization, preferred
- Organized and thorough with the ability to track and document in detail.
- Ability to meet recurring deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong math skills.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to be persistent and patient.
- Experience using corporate accounting software (Great Plains, preferred).
- Experience using Association Management Systems (netFORUM preferred).
- Excel skills.
- Experience using MS Word.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please respond for immediate consideration.