Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our dynamic, mission-driven organization is looking to hire a hands-on Controller. The Controller is responsible for the accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, internal accounting controls, and financial analysis functions of the association. The Controller oversees the Finance Department which includes the Grants Manager and the Cash Receipts and Disbursements Accountant. Additionally, the Controller will be responsible for providing support to the Vice President of Finance and Operations and to the senior management team providing accurate financial reporting information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration with a CPA certification and/or MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of progressive increase in responsibility in financial leadership.
- Non-profit organization experience is a plus but not required.
- Experience with federal awards is preferred but not required.
- A strong record as an effective, team-oriented leader and manager of people with a demonstrated ability to develop and motivate staff.
- Ability to communicate and present results to non-financial staff throughout the organization.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are required.