Assistant Vice President of Human Resources
Location: Baltimore/DC Metro area
Our client is a growing financial service organization in the DC/Baltimore metro area. The Assistant Vice President of Human Resources is a salaried position, full-time, onsite, and responsible for organizational development, recruitment, and staffing, compensation and benefits packages, employment law, human resources leadership, as well as employee relations for our workforce. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Human Resources and assist in implementing all the strategies to increase the overall employee satisfaction in the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Participates in and supports all areas of Human Resources including benefits programs, group health, dental vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, flexible spending plan 401(k) plan and retirement plan) and FMLA and leave requests
- Creates & maintains employee personnel files, medical files, and confidential files (hard copy). Routes appropriate information needed for payroll to Payroll Administrator in a timely manner
- Assists the Vice President of Human Resources with updating the employee handbook
- Works with Vice President of Human Resources and Broker to establish the yearly open enrollment process. This includes reviewing and editing broker presentations and paperwork. Enter all company benefit changes for each new plan year. Acts as primary contact for team members questions through the open enrollment period. Manage self-service segment for employees to enroll into their benefits. Manages the accurate and timely data entry for all of the new plan year benefits.
- Assist the VP of HR on all other matters in the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Development and Administration or equivalent degrees
- 3-5 years of experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Human Resources
- Experience with employment law and compliance on state and federal levels highly desired
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
Our client is offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, plus performance-based bonus incentives.
For immediate consideration, please contact Mia Chisholm at email@example.com or (301) 996-9275 or Liz Smith at liz@chisholm consultingllc .com or (843) 834-2921.