Our client is a mission driven non-profit in the DC metro area. The Vice President of Finance and Operations is responsible for the operations, accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, internal accounting controls, and financial analysis functions of the organization. It oversees the areas of Human Resource, Information Technology and Operations as well as leads the Finance Department which includes the organization’s Controller, Grants Manager and the Cash Receipts and Disbursements Accountant. Additionally, the role will be responsible for providing executive leadership, vision, and oversight for the association and serve as a collaborative member of the senior management team providing strategic and accurate financial advice to the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Committee and the Board.
Requirements for the Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration with a CPA certification and/or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of progressive increase in responsibility in financial leadership
- Non-profit organization experience is a plus but not required.
- A strong record as an effective, team-oriented leader and manager of people with a demonstrated ability to develop and motivate staff.
- Evidence of the ability to conduct process reviews and reengineer processes
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are required.