Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our client is an investment firm located in the DC metro area that is looking to hire a Staff Accountant who will be involved in all aspects of the Finance and Accounting process. The Staff Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and is a vital member of the organization. The ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment is vital for this role. This role provides opportunity for growth and a great management team. Being ambitious, motivated, well-rounded, organized and detail-oriented are key traits for this opportunity.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Record and reconcile bank and investment accounts and other balance sheet accounts for multiple entities.
- Process accounts payable and employee expense reports.
- Actively participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes.
- Prepare and distribute year-end investor schedules.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process as well as monthly budget-to-actual analyses.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- 2+ years of accounting experience is required.
- Experience with inter-company transactions and Excel is highly preferred.
This role provides an excellent benefits package along with a competitive salary.
For immediate consideration, please contact Mia Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 996-9275.