Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our client is a dynamic non-profit organization is looking to hire a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant will report directly tot he Controller and is a vital role in the organization. The position will be exposed to all aspects of the Accounting and Finance work and provides a great opportunity for growth within the organization. The ability to effectively communicate and work in a team environment collaborating with internal customers are critical for this position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the month end and annual close process.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Assist the Controller with the annual external audit.
- Assist with variance analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from an accredited university.
- 3+ years of relevant General Ledger experience.
- Non-profit organization experience is highly preferred.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
This position provides an excellent benefits package along with a competitive salary.