Senior Grants Accountant
Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our client is a growing non-profit in the DC metro area. This new Senior Grants Accountant role will report directly to the Controller while working closely with the program managers, department directors, and the grants team. This is a critical role in the organization as they continue to see growth throughout their many programs.
Responsibilities include but a not limited to the following:
- Ensure that the organization is meeting all Uniform Guidance and grant compliance requirements
- Prepare all grant-related schedules for the annual financial statement and Uniform Guidance audits
- Review all invoicing to ensure that the financial data reconciles to the accounting system before submission
- Collaborate closely with program leaders and their staff, both to educate them regarding Uniform Guidance and grant compliance requirements, and to assist them with budgeting and budget analysis
- May represent the organization in meetings with donors
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- CPA is highly preferred
- Proficiency with Intacct is a plus but not required
- Strong understanding and experience with Uniform Guidance principles and a track record that includes Federal award rules and regulations, cost tracking, and audit processes is required
- 3+ years of relevant work experience is required
- Experience working in non-profit organizations is preferred, 501(c) (3) organizations is a strong plus
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and analytical skills
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills are required
This position provides an excellent benefits package along with a competitive salary.
For immediate consideration, please contact Mia Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 996-9275.