Senior Director of Events
Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our client is a dynamic association in the DC metro area. The Senior Director of Events is responsible for planning and successfully executing of two major events for the organization – a domestic and international conference. This role reports to the VP of Industry Relations and collaborates with the internal team as well as with key partners, members and suppliers. The Senior Director ensures that events are managed and executed in a manner that ensures maximum participation, engagement, and satisfaction by members and other participants. This role directly supervises the meeting manager and serves as in-house consultant and advisor in support of other department’s events as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of current trade shows, conferences and events – budgets, registration, education programming, logistics, partnerships, sponsorships, marketing and communication
- Identify new events to add membership value
- Enhance the organization’s branding
- Represent the organization in the events and hospitality industry with highest degree of professionalism and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- 7+ years of event experience
- Experience in the hospitality industry a plus
- Proven leader in large, complex trade show management
- Excellent written and verbal communication
For immediate consideration, please contact Liz Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or (843) 834-2921 or Mia Chisholm at email@example.com or (301) 996-9275.