Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our client is a civil engineering design firm located in the DC Metro area that is seeking a Senior Accountant.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
- Perform weekly treasury account reconciliation prepared for the company and and its subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of intercompany treasury accounts.
- Provide Treasury account support for subsidiaries.
- Assist with managing banking relations.
- Work with external tax accountants on quarterly tax estimates for Federal Tax and Combined States.
- Coordinate annual tax filing and provide allocation to subsidiaries.
- Coordinate research & development study of subsidiaries for R&D credit.
- Work as main point of contact regarding tax matters including responding to tax notices from state/federal tax authorities.
Bookkeeping & Consolidation
- Maintain accounting records and prepare month-end processes via ERP (Oracle).
- Maintaining Intercompany balances of rebilled invoices.
- Consolidation for Auditor Review – Performed annually once subsidiary reviews are complete.
- Maintain payment of monthly billing of claim deductibles and intercompany allocation.
- Participate in Quarterly Insurance Claims review.
- Assist VP of Finance in coordinating insurance renewal and premium allocation.
- Prepare and submit financial reporting to international parent of company.
- Maintain annual board of director minutes and board resolutions.
- Maintain Corporate information filings with various states.
- Provide resource to subsidiaries on day-to-day matters as requested.
- Perform other ad-hoc projects and areas of assistance as directed by VP of Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Oversight of Full-cycle accounting experience required.
- Experience in overseeing accounting software (Viewpoint – or similar ERP – experience required).
- CPA/CPA candidate.
- 5 years of experience or more – Consolidation experience with Audit/Tax experience preferred.
This role offers a comprehensive benefits package and a competitive salary.
For immediate consideration, please contact Liz Smith at email@example.com or (843) 834-2921 or Mia Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 996-9275.