Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our client is a non-profit member association in the Washington, DC metro area who represents professionals in specialized women’s healthcare and education. They are seeking a dynamic individual to join their team as a Special Projects Manager.
The Special Projects Manager is an integral member of the association’s Executive Office and Practice, Education and Global Outreach team, acting as a strategic lead and stakeholder liaison for diverse grant funded projects and priority organizational initiatives providing a broad range of support across departments. Projects range in scope from high visibility national efforts to improve maternal health outcomes to development of member-focused professional education offerings.
The Special Projects Manager serves as project lead to oversee all aspects of project planning, implementation, coordination and completion of projects according to the specifications, while adhering to project scope, timelines and budget. The Special Projects Manager is responsible for analyzing project risks, task management, quality management, and adapting resource allocation though out the life of the project. Strong emphasis is on developing and maintaining positive relationships while managing funder expectations and managing external vendors, consultants and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who exhibits strong skills in project recovery, leadership, project coaching, negotiation, cost control, risk management, contract management, critical thinking and business case writing. The ideal candidate exhibits high level coordination and communication skills, is a creative thinker with exceptional attention to detail who can work both independently and effectively as part of team. The successful candidate will have a special interest in working in the non-profit sector; an interest in women’s reproductive health care and strong understanding of working with volunteer leaders in a professional manner.
- 5+ years of professional experience in project management (non-profit, healthcare or association management preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree in project management is ideal but not required
- Project management certification
- Knowledge of project management principles and techniques and strong project management skills
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
- Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to details
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality materials, strong written and verbal communication skills, including versatile writing skills and strong proofreading skills
- Superior customer service consistently demonstrating courteous, cooperative, and helpful behavior to all internal and external contacts, accountability and follow-through
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, database applications, email applications and social media tools
This position provides an excellent benefits package along with a competitive salary.