Marketing Support Associate
Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our client, a leader in helping philanthropic organizations in doing their best to advance the
common good, is searching for a Marketing Associate to join their team. To be considered, please
submit a cover letter with your application.
The Marketing Associate will ensure all marketing objectives are managed from ideation to execution. He/She is responsible for managing project tasks and deadlines, handling preliminary logistics and keeping all parties updated on the progress. The Marketing Associate must be able to multitask, organize and collaborate. He/She will juggle a wide variety of requests from internal and external stakeholders with competing deadlines. Strong decision-making and prioritization skills are essential to help ensure all projects runs smoothly, and he/she needs to be as organized as possible to schedule, monitor and adjust deadlines and resources as needed.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Create detailed schedules and set deadlines for various stages of a project
- Distribute assignments to creative teams and other departments, depending on their availability and priorities
- Meet with internal stakeholders to learn more about new project details and give progress updates on existing projects, communicating any issues
- Monitor projects and workloads, adjusting assignments and deadlines accordingly
- Maintain project files, both digital and print for historic records
- Work with freelancers and contractors and ensure they have the resources needed for their jobs
- Effectively communicate requests and assignments from internal stakeholders to the Communications and Marketing team
- Help manage Google AdWords campaigns and any other agreed upon paid social advertising
- Monitor and track key analytics for social media accounts, emails, newsletters, membership renewal campaigns, and paid advertising to analyze and improve the effectiveness of campaigns and activities
Education and Experience
- 2-3 years of associate-level experience with project ownership responsibility
- Bachelor degree preferably in marketing/ communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Project management
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collect, track and analyze data
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
- Exceptional storytelling skills, including experience in developing video and written assets
- Understanding of social channels and search engine marketing
- Good graphic design sense
- Google AdWords Certification preferred but not required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Premier, etc.)
- Familiarity with mass email services such as Mail Chimp, HubSpot, Campaign Monitor, etc.
- Familiarity with CRM/AMS systems such as Salesforce
- Working understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience with video production and photography is a bonus
This organization offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
For immediate consideration, please contact Liz Smith at email@example.com (843) 834-2921 or Mia Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 996-9275.