Location: Baltimore/DC Metro area
Our client is a fast-growing, dynamic company in the Baltimore/DC metro area who has an immediate opportunity for a results-oriented Processor. Our client is a high-growth, entrepreneurial company that requires an analytical thinker with advanced Excel skills and the ability to communicate effectively. This position reports to the Processing Manager.
Loan Processors play a significant role in the loan building process, working closely with Loan Officers and Underwriters as an intermediary, preparing necessary documents. Among other things, the loan processors’ primary function is to assemble proper loan documents that meet requirements for underwriting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review documents to determine eligibility
- Order and review titles; work with title company to resolve discrepancies
- Order flood certificates
- Order and review Verifications of Rent, Mortgage, and Income
- Review all supporting loan documents submitted by Loan Officer to be certain that they verify information on the application
- Request Loan Officer assistance where required to obtain needed loan documentation
- Coordinate and communicate with borrowers to obtain supporting documentation
- Review loan stipulations from Underwriting and gather documents needed to clear them and obtain a “clear to close”
- Schedule closing with Title Company and borrower
- Follow up with underwriting and post closers on any conditions that are needed for loan purchases
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required with equivalent experience
- 2 years mortgage processing experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Previous “FHA/VA” experience is preferred, but not required
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently, be proactive and take initiative
- Detail oriented, possess strong organizational skills and demonstrate the ability to multitask and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ability to interact with peers in a “team environment”
The company offers a solid compensation package based upon experience and capabilities including salary, monthly bonuses, healthcare coverage and profit sharing program which includes matching 401K plan.
For immediate consideration, please contact Liz Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or (843) 834-2921 or Mia Chisholm at email@example.com or (301) 996-9275.