Grants & Affiliated Entity Accounting Manager
Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our client, a non-profit organization focused on women’s health in the DC Metro area with 10,000+ members is seeking a Grants & Affiliated Entity Accounting Manager to join their team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage all grant processes from initiation to close and manage all financial activity for the association’s affiliated entity and committee.
- Update and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures which conforms to the Uniform Grant Guidance for all federal grants and the current Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (GAAP) for all private grants.
- Prepare and review grant budgets for proposals working closely with Program Managers and Directors.
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annual, or annual grant reports for granting agencies that meet the requirements set forth in each of the grant agreements.
- Prepare analysis of use of grant funding at an entity-wide level to ensure that the organization is utilizing grant funds effectively and is not under of over funded.
- Calculate and prepare invoices ensuring the financial data reconciles to the association’s accounting system prior to sending the invoices to the relevant grantors.
- Ensure that all Uniform Guidance and grant compliance requirements are met which will include preparing schedules for the financial statements and Uniform Guidance audits.
- Create the journal entries to record transactions through the general ledger.
- Reconcile grant liabilities and grant receivables on a monthly basis and ensure proper coding of grant revenue and grant expense to applicable cost centers.
- Ensure program managers are trained on their fiscal responsibilities for any grants they administer or oversee.
- If applicable, perform all required subrecipient monitoring including conducting pre-award risk assessments and performing post-award monitoring activities for all subrecipients.
- Prepare the association’s indirect cost rate proposal.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent required.
- CPA designation is preferred.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, and budgeting, including GAAP is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Uniform Guidance principles and a track record that includes Federal award rules and regulations, cost tracking, and audit processes is required.
- Three years of relevant work experience of is required.
- Non-profit experience is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is required.
- Knowledge of Dynamics SL accounting system is a plus.
- Ability to design and prepare clear and effective grant financial reports.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
For immediate consideration, please contact Liz Smith at email@example.com (843) 834-2921 or Mia Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 996-9275.