Finance Accounting Consultant
Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our clients are subject matter experts in the non-profit industry. They are looking for a Consultant at a Controller level to joint their growing team. The Consultant works closely with Partners, Senior Consultants and clients to facilitate completion of business advisory and outsourced accounting engagements, including but not limited to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Month-end close process.
- Payroll, accounts payable and cash receipts processing.
- Financial reporting, audit preparation and compliance.
- Implementation assistance and guidance for recent technical accounting pronouncements.
- Budget process creation and facilitation.
- Financial analysis and forecasting.
- Process review and redesign for both financial and non-financial controls and processes.
- Financial policy documentation and evaluation.
- Chart of Accounts review and redesign.
- Accounting system implementation.
- 5+ years of accounting experience with demonstrated experience with GAAP for non-profits.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field. CPA candidate preferred.
- Ability to work independently on issues or questions with Senior Consultant or Partner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and Client.
- Ability to successfully multi-task, while maintaining a focus on details and accuracy.
- Experience working with senior-level colleagues and other staff.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of automated financial accounting reporting systems and software packages.
- Ability and willingness to work on-site at various client locations throughout the DC Metro Area.
For immediate consideration, please contact Liz Smith at email@example.com or (843) 834-2921 or Mia Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 996-9275.