Event Planning & Administrative Coordinator
Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our dynamic client is a non-profit located in the metro DC area. Due to its growth, this position was created to support the many events provided to their membership. This position is critical to the success of the team and the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration with a CPA certification and/or MBA preferred.
- Create and send letters and certificates.
- Work with the national council team and marketing on a new design for certificates/letters.
- Take detailed notes during content-related calls and draft detailed recap e-mails.
- Update website content as it comes in.
- Edit and proof the on-site programs.
- Assist with webinars.
- Serve as on-site room captain at the conference and assist with speaker management system.
- Take notes at council meetings to supplement and meeting minutes.
- Work closely with team members on editing and formatting meeting minutes.
- Website updates and management.
- Logistics for council meetings and events.
- Printing for council meetings, roundtables, including tent cards, prior meeting minutes, agendas, committee updates, dashboards, and any other ad hoc documents.
- Coordinate all package and shipping for council meetings and events.
- Assist with planning for board dinners/receptions.
- Update all council, roundtable and coalition list of members periodically.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills; ability to work with many different types of individuals is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and to be flexible are keys to success in this position.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively.
- Strong editing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1-3 years of professional experience in the area of communications, marketing or a related field.
- Travel and tourism experience is preferred but not required.
- New college graduates will be considered only with related internship experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and GoToWebinar.
For immediate consideration, please contact Mia Chisholm at email@example.com or (301) 996-9275. This role provides an excellent benefit package along with a competitive salary.