Director of Member Engagement & Communications
Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our client, a non-profit healthcare organization in the DC Metro area with 10,000+ members, is seeking a Director of Member Engagement & Communications to join their team. Through development and implementation of strategic plans for membership and marketing, the Director of Member Engagement & Communications will ensure membership and marketing goals are met. The role will also develop projects for, and oversee, the development and execution of member publications. The Director of Member Engagement & Communications will report to the CEO. He/she is a team player who works effectively across all departments. He/she will be responsible for developing and managing the departmental budget and will supervise a staff of four.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead organizational membership retention and development programs as well as product and publication development to meet the revenue and membership goals of the organization.
- Review and analyze member benefits and recommend new benefits to increase retention and growth.
- Develop, execute and oversee the development of publication of member publications.
- Create, implement and monitor communications plans and PR strategy. Manage and Supervise support staff through the implementation.
- Supporting and reinforcing the organizations mission, lead media outreach and communications activities.
- Lead communications activities, assist with materials development, lead website enhancement.
- Develop presentations for executive speaking arrangements.
- Develop publications project deadlines and ensure they are met by the publications committee.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or similar field.
- 5+ years experience in marketing/communications/media. Web and digital marketing preferred.
- Social and digital communication experience for a non-profit organization.
- 2-3 years experience managing multiple projects in tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong proofreading skills.
- Ability to work well collaboratively as well as independently with excellent prioritization and organization and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of the following preferred: Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress, Adobe, InDesign, Hootsuite, Canva and similar e-mail marketing tools.
- Analytical skills to summarize and analyze business activities.
- Knowledge of Impexium or other Customer Management System preferred.
For immediate consideration, please contact Liz Smith at email@example.com (843) 834-2921 or Mia Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 996-9275.