Director of Human Resources
Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our growing non-profit client is searching for a Director of Human Resources. Working directly with and for the Chief Operating Officer, he/she will develop and implement equity-informed structure, policies and procedures in Human Resources, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy. The Director must possess the experience of a strategic partner and the skills of a seasoned tactician who will execute the duties of a one-person service department for approximately 50 staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
- Collaborates with leadership to understand and support the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruitment, culture and retention
- First line liaison for employee concerns. Advises and assists employees in the interpretation and application of HR policies, procedures, and programs. Supports and advises management about human resource issues
- Establishes employee relations practices to support a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation. Conducts periodic surveys to measure employee satisfaction and employee engagement
- Advises on benefit plan design and compensation philosophy and structure
- Administers compensation, benefits and retirement plans and serves as the primary point of contact for employees. Manages vendors, required filings, disclosures and communications
- Manages employee recruitment, onboarding, performance management, needs assessments, development and training. Facilitates employee training programs and staff meetings
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning, excellence and equity
- Champions innovative programs that drive employee satisfaction and team morale
- Keeps current and ensures compliance with all necessary employment laws and regulations. Serves as the primary contact with employment attorney and outside government agencies
- Develops policies, programs, and practices that support the achievement of the organization’s goals. Identifies and implements opportunities for improvement in systems and processes
- Responsible for development and monitoring of the HR budget
- Anticipates in organization development, change management and strategic planning
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designation highly preferred
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in HR positions
- Strong experience in the administration of payroll and employee benefits
- Excellent attention to details and deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
This organization offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
For immediate consideration, please contact Mia Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 996-9275.