Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our dynamic client is a non-profit located in the metro DC area. This position is responsible for fulfilling administrative functions of the Communications Department and assisting the media and strategic communications team with writing, editing and formatting association messages for distribution across multiple platforms. Our client has won multiple “Best of” awards for its communications practices and the incumbent is responsible for continually advancing these efforts.
- Oversee preparation of the client’s daily media scan.
- Assist credentialing process for media attendees to the organization’s annual conference.
- Support industry communications and media relations/strategic communications with formatting and distribution of industry and press messages.
- Support the organizations website and other digital properties with maintenance of online content.
- Provide general administrative support for department directors and senior vice president, including expense processing, management of calendars and meeting logistics, and other key tasks.
- Request and compile time sheets reporting vacation, personal time off and sick leave for all members of Public Affairs team.
- Compile, compose and distribute staff newsletter.
- Manage contacts included in Public Affairs’ group listservs.
- Process contracts and invoices related to Communications Department vendors.
- Assist with direct media relations outreach, as assigned by senior director of strategic communications (or equivalent).
- Provide primary direction to Communications Department intern.
- Teamwork: Demonstrating and promoting a spirit of cooperation within and outside work unit; working together toward a common goal; building good relationships with internal and outside work units; building good relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Communication: Conveying written and oral communications effectively; negotiating and mediating effectively; sharing information; listening attentively and responding appropriately.
- Initiative: Recognizing the need for action; confronting issues and taking appropriate action; pursuing an issue until the problem is solved.
- Developing Staff: Training, coaching and counseling others continually to improve; developing capabilities through formal and informal training and coaching; developing backup capabilities; helping direct reports in their pursuit of career goals.
- Problem Solving: Identifying problems affecting the work unit or organization; taking early corrective action to avoid problems; generating new ideas and practical solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in Communications, English, Journalism, Political Science or related field, and a minimum of one year professional experience in communications.
- Knowledge of the travel industry and public affairs a plus.
- Skills desired include: Mastery of Microsoft Office products; Beginner to intermediate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite; Familiarity with AP Style, HTML, Dropbox and Google Drive.
For immediate consideration, please contact Mia Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 996-9275. This role provides an excellent benefit package along with a competitive salary.