Location: Washington DC Metro area
Our client is great non-profit association in the DC metro area. The Controller is an essential leadership team member of the organization, responsible for all financial functions of the organization. The position is responsible for working with internal and external stakeholders and providing strategic financial analysis and leadership. The Controller’s responsibilities straddle strategic planning for the enterprise, hands on responsibility for accounting and financial operations, and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a large portfolio of federal grants and contracts, foundation and corporate grants, private donations and endowments
- Manage creation and distribution of large volume of grants, Honoria checks, consultant payments and reimbursements
- Ensure accounts, ledgers and reports comply with GAAP and regulatory requirements
- Prepare, review and, approve financial statements, reporting package and month-end entries for accuracy and timely distribution to management
- Reporting that includes general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, and taxes
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipts, payments, fixed assets and recording transactions
- Serve as primary point of contact with outside auditors to coordinate audit activity
- Recommend and implement improvements for accounting processes to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Lead the annual budget process and lead monthly department budget review meetings
- Review and update Finance SOPs to clarify roles and responsibilities. Coordinate with Finance management to assign system rights and responsibilities to ensure balance separation of duties with appropriate access
- Manage a team of staff accountants and grants specialist
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 15+ years progressive experience in finance or accounting
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Federal grants experience is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- CPA is preferred
This organization offers exceptional benefits and competitive salary.
For immediate consideration, please contact Mia Chisholm at email@example.com or (301) 996-9275.